Wednesday, September 13, 2006

so today was another baby apt. I didn't make this one :( So, in my heart I pretty well knew what that meant. Either 1. Andrea would go INTO labor and Noah would be like peeking out by the time I got there (somehow) OR 2. Noah would actually be the first baby on record to speak into the fetal heart monitor. (any guesses on what he woulda said?) :) OR even better yet, the most likely #3. Something would actually happen that would necessitate my being there.

You guessed it! #3! =) Of course, Andrea was fine w/o my being there, but as it stands now, we've gotta go back tomorrow...b/c I wasn't there. DOH! :( bleh.

anyway, remember those pictures of Noah down there a ways... the 3D pix where Noah is facing upwards...you know...in that head toward the top, not so much the bottom position. And how the doc's have done this leopolds maneuver to make certain that he was not still this way...well, yeah, he is. He's my little breech boy! I guess it's been such a great pregnancy for so long now b/c he hasn't had any of that blood runnin' into his tiny little head. Heck, if I had it all to do over again, and Mom, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I sit in there like noah? =) I know I was a C-section boy, but can't remember why...anyway, he's chillin' out in there sittin' in mommy's tummy all comfy and warm. Boy is he going to be rudely awakened ;)

we're going back tomorrow to discuss which options is best for the Boy & the Mommy.
1. epidural + external cephalic version
2. epidural + cesarean

Here are some pix of the version


we've read our brains out tonight on the risks/benefits...and we've got a list a mile long for the doc tomorrow. So, we're about as prepared as we're gonna get.

So, of course, on one hand now I'm excited that Andrea doesn't have to go through all that horrible pain, while on the other I'm sad that she doesn't get to "experience" it (b/c she's sorta disappointed) But, overall I'm still really relieved and glad to hear that our little boy is healthy ;)



So, in other news, the yard got mowed! yay! Mowed in the DARK, but its mowed ;) and that feels GREAT! Its always an adventure to wake up and look for spots that I missed in the dark ;)

1 comment:

Just Jonna said...

maybe Noah will get bored and start practicing his gymnastics and flip himself over...
or, maybe Andrea should stand on HER head, and then Noah would think he was upside down and flip over where he was supposed to be, and then Andrea could stand back up again.

ok, seriously though... the risks of the procedure seem to be minimal, but i'm not the one who is pregnant. is the procedure painful for the mother?
pleeeaaase keep us posted.