Saturday, September 23, 2006

From Noah @ 1 Week

That's my boy! =)
From Noah @ 1 Week
Smiling boy! Today was the first day he decided to start smiling =) We're enjoying that immensely!

So, yesterday was officially the first day we got seated in the "You'veGotPotentiallyLOUDbabiesWithYouSection" @ Cheddars. I guess we'll have to get Noah a little "IpromiseI'mAsQuietAsIAmCute" badge =) It wasn't a problem though, he was quiet and so were all the other kids/babies around ;)


Going to work isn't much fun anymore as I'm always having to leave him and think about wanting to be with him now :( But coming home sure is so much fun now! (not that it wasn't before) but now there's this new little life @ home!

Noah's second pediatric apt went GREAT yesterday. He weighed in @ 7.5oz which made mommy really happy. All that breast feeding is doing the trick! He was born @ 7.7oz and dropped to 7.3 (as most babies do I learned) and he's on his way back up! We're cleared for a week of no apt's @ the ped's doc...so until the week after next just eating and sleepin' and pooping and HOPEFULLY more growing!

According to the lactation consultant babies grow @ 1 wk, 6 wks, 3 months & 6 months. And during those times they're more likely to not have as many dirty diapers. I gladly welcome those growth spurts.

Andrea and I have had an okay week. We've had a few frozen meals dropped off. Even better, we've had a few people call and say that they could do meals soon. So that means less cooking! YAY! Grandma Tanner & Great Grandma Baldridge just left and MAN did they EVER leave a HEAP of food in the fridge and freezers! WOW! I was wonderin' how we were EVER going to pull off doing all the grocery shopping w/ this little guy - well, they took care of that! We're LOADED! And we've got some TASTYSTUFF TOO! THANK YOU MOM & Grandma!

Noah was officially one week old yesterday - a really early milestone, but oh MY is it going fast and he's not even in school yet!!!! I'm holding him @ absolutely every possible time. But BOY does that make it hard to get work

Thank youall for your many prayers! We can't be thankful enough for how healthy he is!

2 comments:

Flash said...

Yes, the Cheddars' "kids" section...ugh.

Also, you meant 7.5lbs, not 7.5oz, right? Otherwise I'm really concerned.

Hope things are going well for all three of you!

Tanner said...

=) I was completely surprised, but then thought the same thing. Good thinkin' restaurant people! If my kid wants to scream his eyes out - @ least there are people around me who are thinking "Man, I know that feeling," instead of, "man, I'm going to GIVE that kid something to cry about." =) I'm just hoping this whole good behavior thing wasn't a fluke. =)

FLASH! WHOA! =) Yeah, he's a little heavier than that 7.5oz there ;) he was 7.7oz @ birth and 7# 5.5oz last friday. We're pretty sure he's growing ;) He eats and poops like a champ, so I'm figurin' he's doing fine ;) But, then again, I didn't go through that many years of school for MD stuff ;)