Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Clothes crisis

Spring cleaning has a whole new meaning when it involves taking all the clothes out of the closet that are in the category called "Don't even try on right now unless your ready for a laugh!" Of course the rubberband trick has worked great for pants, but I am going through a lot of rubberbands lately as they keep breaking. Maybe it is time to actually start wearing my maternity clothes. Not that I mind! I have been ready for that since, um, the day I found out I was pregnant.
 
Lately, I have had more and more realizations that I am growing, even though to look at my stomach, it just doesn't seem that much bigger. I was so proud of myself to have an outfit picked out last night to wear today that I was sure would fit. But no, either that shirt shrunk in the last two weeks or I grew. I am loving watching all the changes. Now if Chris could just feel this baby move, he would be a much happier Daddy.

2 comments:

Just Jonna said...

The rubber bands only work so long, and once you've had one of those break and snap your tummy - shew!- you're ready for the stretchy pants!!!

I guess I was lucky that my pregnancy was smack in the middle of stretch pants as fashion statements. ;-)

katfrench said...

Hey, I would lend you my favorite maternity jeans with the coolio flare legs that make you feel girly even when rotundly pregnant, but I lent them to my sister Bobbi while she was pregnant last year, who lent them to my other sister Jen who is pregnant NOW...

Oh, and don't be afraid to buy a few pairs of "larger than your usual largest size regular" pants, because you'll need them on the way back DOWN to normal.

There's nothing more depressing than wearing maternity pants after the baby comes out, b/c nothing else fits YET...