Saturday, June 17, 2006

well, quite obviously, the kids @ VBS raised $1500...actually, they raised $2431 =) Way to go VBS KIDS! :)

Well, it's back to normal, mostly, for the Tanners now. We got to "sleep in" today, which was a change...but we've also got that not so excited feeling since VBS is over. So, we've taken to keeping ourselves busy w/ garage sales to find baby stuff, and house cleaning for company, and of course, gotta finish that stereo install in the car...oh boy, the dash of that car really hates me!

I guess we'll head off to the ol' G'town Drive In too, since XMen3 is showing there tonight, that should be fairly packed ;) @ least it will keep us from missing all the people from VBS, as I'm sure most of them will be there.

Ahhhh, VBS. I feel as though this year I did a whole lot more of the organizing, leading, Q&A, and all that other stuff that Robin helped me so much w/ last year. Of course, none of this would have happened if GCC wasn't so supportive of VBS! WOW are they a bunch of people who LOVE KIDS! Seriously, I think we had an average of 250 kids everyday, and at least 50-75 helpers/day too. Man, I can't even imagine a week of NOT VBS now. It's like the hardest week of work (aside from camp and mission trips), but also the most rewarding too...I dunno, but you probably know what I mean. It's way fun, and way hard, and it's so way fun, that I almost want it back ;) But, then again, I do look forward to meeting my wife again. =)

Okay, back to the stereo/dash of that lousy car!

No comments: