Wednesday, August 09, 2006

okay, that counter can't REALLY say 48 days! no WAY! I swear we just found out we were pregnant!

48 days is certainly sounding very much like a month and a half, even moreso, it sounds like less than seven weeks! Oh boy!

It's definately hitting me that a little tiny life is going to come into our home and sleep in his little bed w/ all his little everything, or should I say, little poopy everything!

Maybe it's God getting me ready for Noah, but sleeping sure isn't as easy now, I just lay there and wonder what he's going to need and how I'm going to figure out what it is that he needs. The scary part is that the easiest things to figure out are the things he needs while he's still unable to TALK! He's going to get older too! So begins our quest to become parents, even before he's here...I can now see why there are so many books and journals and doctors and psychiatrists!

It certainly changes the way we're looking at everything now. Before the summer started, it changed the way that I looked @ how I planned a summer full of youth ministry. It was basically, Andrea/Noah can't go to that (for whatever reason). Now, it's Chris/Andrea/Noah will have to travel w/ a CARAVAN (literally and figuratively) to all of these places so that Noah can be safe and healthy and stuff. Oh BOY!

2 comments:

Just Jonna said...

It is absolutely overwhelming sometimes how parenthood can change the way you look at every aspect of your life. Overwhelming, but amazingly rewarding. And the older your child gets, the more overwhelming and rewarding it will become. But one day Noah is will be 'almost 14', and you will have an argument over picking up after himself or helping around the house or something. Just about the time you think "where did I go wrong? I tried so hard to be a good parent!"... some other adult will tell you what an awesome kid Noah is and how mature and responsible, and what a wonderful job you've done raising him.
Yeah, it's a pretty wild ride.

Tanner said...

whew! wow! =)

Isn't it amazing how FAR a little encouragement goes? WOW!

SSL btwn posts, but SOMETHING kept me busy for a couple weeks I THINK :)